[Cialug] Inexpensive SSL certs

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Sep 8 14:29:58 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com> wrote:

> I used to get $30 or so SSL certs at instant SSL or someplace like that.  All I wanted to do was have an SSL cert that the common browsers wouldn't throw a fit about.  It seems the price of SSL certs has gone up and instant SSL is now pwned by Comodo.
>
> So what are you using for inexpensive SSL certs?

I'm not positive, but the place I used in the past also seems to have
raised their price for basic ssl (though I bought a wildcard so can't
remember for sure) rapidssl.com.

I will say that with phishing become so much more common, the value of
a good ssl cert has gone up. (good defined as an org who checks your
identity before giving a cert out)

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode