[Cialug] Security and the browser

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 23:16:17 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Bryan Baker <ka_klick at mac.com> wrote:
> Exactly. It literally means to reduce by 1/10 and is now used as a synonym
> for total destruction (an almost 180°spin). It also went from something you
> did to your own troops (as a punishment) to being something inflicted by
> others, but it's the whole proportion thing that bugs me most. I actually
> don't even mind when they really do just mean a larger percentage, but
> lately people have been using it as utter destruction.
> --
> Bryan "ka-klick" Baker
> Singer/Songwriter
> With 2 New CDs!!! See my website for details
> kaklick_martin at mac.com
> http://ka-klick.com

What is the proper replacement for the word 'decimate' when given a
loss of greater than 10% of a population?

Why this gravitation towards decimation vs. annihilation?

Given the choice of decimation or centimation, however, I'll choose
the latter.  But please steer clear of decamation. . .

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night

My GNUPG public key is available at http://www.kristau.net/public_key.asc