[Cialug] Security and the browser

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Oct 22 08:19:16 CDT 2008

On Tuesday October 21 2008 17:27, Bryan Baker wrote:
>Just don't get me started on "decimated"!

I'll bite. What's wrong with "decimated"? I know the word has changed
definition somewhat drastically[1] but otherwise seems OK to me.

[1] Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think it once meant having 10% of
    a population killed (in reference to a punishment meted out to
    Roman Centurions), but now it means having 10% of a population
    remain while the other 90% are wiped out. Or in more casual use,
    it just means a substantial fraction loss of a population.