[Cialug] Re: email problems - followup

pmcgillan at pateri.com pmcgillan at pateri.com
Mon Oct 20 10:50:55 CDT 2008

Hi,

Interesting site, but using 'pop.desm.qwest.net' as the smarthost, gets me
back an error message of '553 relaying denied'. Further thoughts?

If I didn't need to correspond with people on yahoo from time to time, I
would stick with my current config of sending my own email to the
internet, which certainly gets me to the list at least. :?

Patrick

On Mon, October 20, 2008 10:34 am, Jonathan C. Bailey wrote:
> See if one of the non-MSN Qwest hosts would do the job. I'm assuming they
> don't care about SMTP auth for an internal IP (but I may be wrong).
>
> http://www.qwest.net/help/roaming.html#iowa
>

> -Jon

Patrick