[Cialug] MEETING - Wednesday 11/19

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 16:27:48 CST 2008

Oddly enough, I just got back from Florida this weekend.  We flew part of
the way back on a Delta/Boeing 767 that had "Personal Entertainment
Displays" in the seats.  Just before takeoff the whole system rebooted and
there was Tux!  The system was embedded somewhere and used the same redboot
as my NSLU2 device (see www.nslu2-linux.org) that I've been mucking around
with.  Sadly the system was in need of a good re-programming as the
in-flight GPS map kept switching back and forth from english to spanish, and
it needs a user accessable touchscreen calibration option as mine was WAY
off.