[Cialug] MEETING - Wednesday 11/19

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Nov 17 16:11:26 CST 2008

This is just a reminder that we have a meeting on 11/19.  Ostensibly,
the topic will be embedded systems, but if there's anything else that
people want to discuss, that'll be fair game too.

Planned agenda:

Embedded Systems Presentations:

    * Devices running Linux
    * Installing Linux on non-Linux devices
    * Non-Linux Embedded *nix systems: NetBSD, QNX
    * Asterisk / CallWeaver (if there is interest)

Activity

    * Show and Tell of Linux devices
    * Install Linux on your non-Linux toy

Also, a thought.  There seems to have been a lot more random emails
coming to the list asking for people to help out with little Linux
projects here and there.  Would there be interest in making a list of
LUG members who would be interested in this sort of freelance work where
we can publish our specialties and our rates?  Would that step too close
to "commercial"?  Let's discuss it at the meeting on Wednesday too.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701