[Cialug] Gmail archiving and firefox reading as text/plain

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Nov 5 08:36:37 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Daniel A. Ramaley
<daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:

> On Tuesday November 4 2008 18:09, Colin Burnett wrote:
> >1) I'd like to archive my gmail email locally and I know there's lots
> >of options out there, what do you use?
>
> Could you run a local imap server and use imapsync? It should be
> cron'able as you requested, and will get all your folders ("labels")
> and everything. We recently used it at work to migrate ~8000 accounts
> from one e-mail system to another.

I was thinkign the same thing but the only folder you really need is
the "all mail" folder since it contains everything. If you do all
folders you'll potentially get a lot of duplicates since you can give
one email multiple labels.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode