[Cialug] irc proxy

chris chris at ia.gov
Tue Nov 4 15:19:43 CST 2008

> The IRC client I use is pidgin. What happens when you use this type of
> product and reconnect after a weekend, do you suddenly get flooded
> with all of the backlog? Can anyone recommend a particular IRC proxy I
> can run on my own personal (Ubuntu 6.06) server?

If you are willing to change clients, consider a combination of irssi (or other console client) and screen.  I keep a
perpetual connection to freenode with it and never miss a beat.

It's as simple as screen -rd to reattach from a new location to your current irc session and pick up where you left off.