[Cialug] Testing a Processor

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Wed May 28 09:12:57 CDT 2008

Well...that's why I said "if your willing to pay."  I had to pay a test fee
and that was probably 10 years ago... <has it been that long?>.  It's still
cheaper than buying a new processor needlessly.

Otherwise you can find a friend with extra ram to try again on a different
mainboard.  also, make sure you just test with one stick of ram (if you have
multiple), and if it doesn't work with one, try the other.  But you probably
knew that....  I'd offer some ram, but I don't have any spare DDR2.  If by
chance you're using DDR...I may have a 128 stick lying around somewhere.