[Cialug] Testing a Processor

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Tue May 27 11:29:54 CDT 2008

Just be warned, DIT will charge you a bench fee.  They used to do it for
free (you know, keeping the customers happy).  About 2 and a half years ago
I had them test a processor.  The guy never told me there would be a fee
before testing the processor.  When I didn't want to buy a new processor, he
tried to charge me a fee.  After a bit of arguing, I didn't get charged the
fee.  I haven't been back since.  Great customer service huh?  If he had
tested the processor without an issue, I might still be buying stuff from
them.

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 8:30 AM,  <jrnosee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you're willing to pay, you could probably take it in to DIT or some
> place
> > similar closer to you, and ask them to test it.  They usually keep spare
> > motherboards/ram in back for diagnosing problems.  They checked a CPU for
> me
> > years ago.  Sure enough...it was fried.
>
> That makes sense.  I may check that out.
>
> -todd

Tim