[Cialug] install help on Dell Inspiron 1100

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue May 13 13:07:27 CDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Kendall Bailey <krbailey at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks.  I'm getting the 8.04 xubuntu alternate iso right now.  Maybe
>  that will fit the hardware better.  I just finally upgraded one of my
>  machines from 256MB to 2GB a few months ago.  I still run another with
>  256MB and one with 128MB.  Boy am I out of date!  Just trying to
>  supply an internet laptop to a relative.  Thought 256M was enough!

I fully understand, I was preparing a machine similarly recently. To
make matters worse, the machine wouldn't be connected to the Internet
so I couldn't count on updates.

For the record, I had problems with the xubuntu CDs. I didn't test
8.04 so hopefully you won't bump into the same problems I had.
However, if you do, consider using the plain old Ubuntu 8.04 alternate
cd.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode