[Cialug] Oops! dd'd hard drive

Colin Burnett cmlburnett at gmail.com
Thu May 8 22:31:27 CDT 2008

I hit send too fast.

Once upon a time I formatted my flash card for my camera when I didn't
want to.  I had success searching for the JFIF magic number at the
beginning of blocks and copying contiguous blocks out into files.
There's a few utilities out there to help you out.

So if anything, you might be able to save some jpeg's if you're
patient enough and care about them.

Colin