[Cialug] My CPU

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Wed May 7 20:26:15 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Brandon Griffis
<brandongriffis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given that you only call yours a Pentium 4 my best guess is that it's a
> socket 478.  It could be a 423, but that's less likely (unless it's below
> 2Ghz, you don't mention).  It is not a 775.

The processor, more fully, is "Intel Pentium 4 631 Cedar Mill 3.0GHz
2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Single-Core Processor".

The board I have settled on is "BIOSTAR TFORCE945P LGA 775 Intel 945P
ATX Intel Motherboard".

These are the newegg descriptions.  I bought a Biostar and it arrived
DOA so I had to RMA it.  But it turns out it's no longer in stock.
This one above is almost exactly the same thing, with minor updates,
for exactly the same price.

I was kind of hoping to get a quality motherboard instead.  An Asus or
something.  But nothing they had really fit the bill.

-todd