[Cialug] another phone

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 11:43:41 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Like with email, there's a rhythm you can adopt that will let you keep
> your insanity.  In other words, don't always answer the phone, and
> don't always call back right away.

There seems to be a generation gap regarding the acceptability of
screening calls.  In the age of ubiquitous mobile phones, screening
calls is a vital tactic.  It seems to me that many people who
developed their phone manners in the landline era (esp. before caller
ID and voicemail) tend to consider screening calls to be impermissibly
rude.  That attitude leads to trouble in the current technological
context.

- Nathan