[Cialug] [OT] Dates [Originally: Tribox]

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Thu Mar 13 16:06:13 CDT 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008 15:59, David Champion wrote:
>I've been experimenting with IIPRIP - Infinite Improbability Packet
>Routing Internet Protocol. It works by sending a packet through all
>possible routes at the same time. The packet that gets there first
>obviously found the fastest / shortest route. All the other packets,
>seeing what big losers they are, lose the will to live and just
>disappear from the network. Still working out the bugs in it, I'll let
>you know when I have it functioning.
>
>This gets around all of those messy time-space continuum paradoxes,
>unless one of your packets is routed through a wormhole. Then you're
>screwed.

What if going through a wormhole results in the packet arriving before
it was sent? Maybe the other packets would see how big of losers they
are early enough that they wouldn't have to bother being sent at all.
Hmmm... maybe this could be adapted into a Wormhole Internet Routing
Protocol.