[Cialug] SATA the norm these days?

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Sat Jun 21 21:11:19 CDT 2008

I still see some comments and warnings  - mostly where it applied to multimedia applications, like MythTV etc,  that SATA - or SATA drivers under linux- are not as reliable as IDE.  Maybe those are outdated comments from 2 years ago?

Don't forget you can always drop the old IDE drives in a external USB case.

I think the bigger drives run hotter.  IT may save you some headaches to invest in some serios drive cooling if you go with something in the 500-1TB range.

-Nate