[Cialug] Fwd: Des Moines Flooding

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 07:40:11 CDT 2008

Make sure you are wearing some sort of waterproof boots or waders when
mucking about in your basements.  That water may be carrying bacteria
which would love to invade your body and have a field day.

I always remember one of my grandpa's hunting buddies who lost a big
chunk of his leg to a water borne bacterial infection because he
decided that a crystal clear pond looked clean enough to wade in
without his boots.  The bacteria entered his leg through a small break
in his skin, and he battled the infection for months.

When water backs up into your basement, it can carry bacteria that has
been living in the drains for years.  Be careful!

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night

My GNUPG public key is available at http://www.kristau.net/public_key.asc