[Cialug] phun - drawing program with physics

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Jun 5 09:50:36 CDT 2008

Hi, I saw this yesterday and thought there would be a few people on
this list who would be interested in it:

http://phun.cs.umu.se/wiki

There's a video and you can also download the program for mac, windows or linux.

Basically shapes you draw obey laws of physics similar enough to those
in real life to be interesting. Friction, mass, gravity,
springiness...  You can motorize some of your shapes and watch them
move around.

It takes a moderately swift computer. My Intel core duo laptop with
intel 945 video runs most of the default scenes OK.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode