[Cialug] Mobile Internet

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Wed Jun 4 16:02:04 CDT 2008

Matthew Nuzum wrote:

> In a few years we'll say, "remember when computers were so big that
> you had to set them on a desk all the time? Even portable computers
> were called 'laptops' because they were so big you had to set them on
> your lap to use them! To get on the net you had to be at home or a
> 'hotspot!'"

Hmm - just recalling when computers were delivered with their own desk
built in - and you had to set them on a raised floor to have enough room
underneath for all the cables and to have a large enough plenum for the
cooling system...

You could have one at home if you had three phase power...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar