[Cialug] E-mail

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Jul 22 10:04:22 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Daniel A. Ramaley
<daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:
> For those who own their own domains, what do you do for e-mail services?

I run my own servers using postfix, procmail and courier. Lately I've
taken to managing email accounts using the cool program, "ISP Config"
which lets me create virtual domains and sites for friends who need
hosting. (see howtoforge for "the perfect setup" tutorials for a
number of linux distros)

However, had I to do over again, I would probably investigate google
apps for your domain ( http://www.google.com/a/ ). It's free and
provides a lot of the google services including gmail (including
forwarding, pop3 and imap access), calendar and IM but branded as your
own domain. They have advanced services that extend it but aren't free
($50/user/year).

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode