[Cialug] 'whoami' versus 'who am i', or Identity crisis in Linux-Land

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:03:07 CDT 2008

Aw... that makes this less fun. I found this buried down in a ksh script
that did some logging, and needed to log the real user behind the
keyboard running the command, and not just who they were currently
pretending to be, and thought that this was pretty clever...

Turns out it is clever... but lazy.

Jeff