[Cialug] Qwest Actiontec M1000 + Netgear WGR614 Router = Double NAT :-(

Aaron Korver aaron.korver at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 23:11:49 CDT 2008

Huzzah! The evil DSL modem of NATing is defeated.  After adding the correct
password, things worked wonderfully.  I thought about the DMZ option, but I
just didn't feel the need to have it setup that way.  Bridging sounded to me
like the simplest setting, modem forwards packets to router, router does the
NAT magic and pushed packet to correct computer.  I'm not smart enough for
the DMZ piece :-)