[Cialug] git in structured environment

Colin Burnett cmlburnett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 14:00:16 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:

> *Git* doesn't generate conflicts. For that matter neither does CVS,
> Subversion, Mercurial, Bazaar, Darcs, or whatever other VCS you can
> come up with.

Guns don't kill people, I do.  Er, wait, people kill people.  Yeah
that's it.  :)

> I happen to believe that Git is one of the best tools out there for
> managing source code, no matter the size of your shop.  The other
> distributed VCSs do a good job too and may suit you better.

Back to the original question I posed (I have no qualms about
discussing git in general though).

Could you elaborate how you use git in a work setting where it's just
a few or one developer?  Namely about backing up code, distributing
compiled code to development and/or production servers, etc.

Colin