[Cialug] git in structured environment

Lathrop Preston lathrop at prestonfam.org
Wed Jul 9 21:50:11 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Colin Burnett <cmlburnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> I love internet communication.  :)  It seems to me that you have a
> misunderstanding in how git works (or complete absence of
> understanding?).

Ok, like I said I might be missing something. My comments don't seem to
apply to git. Very different situation from any traditional vers. system.

I don't see how git can be used for version control, seems a bit too ad-hock
and I'm guessing that conflict merges are a constant item to take care of?
Well that is off topic here.

Based on this and the comments made by others it doesn't sound like there
really is a way aside from mandating everyone do a 'git push'(?) to the
backup. I'm bowing out of the conversation here. I lack the experience with
git specifically.