[Cialug] Which Distro is best?

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Jul 9 11:11:31 CDT 2008

I've also seen some wierdness with USB mice, but usually when starting
up one of the graphical envirnoments.  Generally what I've done is used
a differant USB mouse or gave up and switched to a PS/2.

Usually when I've had trouble with USB mice, its been when using a wierd
no-name super cheap brand.

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 10:55 -0500, David Champion wrote:
> Any more info on the mouse? Is it wireless? Is it plugged into a USB
> hub? Part of a wireless keyboard / mouse combo?
>
> I'd try a wired USB mouse, and plug it directly into one of the ports on
> the back of the PC. If you have an old PS/2 mouse, and a port for it,
> try that too.
>
> I've had some odd issues with my wireless logitech mouse sometimes - if
> I have it turned on when I boot, it either won't work, or behaves badly
> (scrolls rapidly in the vertical direction only). I have to power
> everything down, boot the laptop, then power up the mouse after X starts.
>
> -dc
>
> Nick Johnson wrote:
> > Yah guys, everything is working fine with the cd and the partitions, but the
> > only problem that is persisting is that my mouse no longer works...

___
Dave J. Hala Jr.
President OSIS, Inc.
www.osis.us