[Cialug] Which Distro is best?

Nick Johnson mainbass64 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 14:13:35 CDT 2008

Alright so i solved the problem with the cd, i just want to make sure i have
this down. When i boot my gear up the ubuntu install menu comes up, it asks
for language and other stuff. Then do i hit install ubuntu, or hit "try and
install with no changes to computer" my biggest worry is that the distro
will completely replace the existing windows partition, and leave me empty
handed. Also, Eric, how should i resize the partition, through the install?
or is it accesible through the windows partition manager? This is the home
strech here, and i want to make sure i dont completely screw my system up.
Once again, thanks for all the help i know ive been kind of a pest the last
day or two.