[Cialug] Which Distro is best?

Nick Johnson mainbass64 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 10:10:39 CDT 2008

I will call up the school and ask them, that is a good idea. However, the
purpose of me getting into linux is for me to expand my knowledge of
computers and software. I really just inquire about how the actual system
works and how programming may be different or maybe how things work
differently. To tell you the truth, I like to figure stuff out, and I like
to be able to say that I have learned something on my own. Computers are
really the only thing that has ever made sense to me, and I'm trying to
build a career/life off that. So, all in all, im simply looking to figure it
out, see why people perfer linux and open source programs to closed source
and why programmers run linux more often then not. I want to be able to
program well enough on linux before I go to Iowa State.