[Cialug] like asterisk, but with a microsoft logo

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Wed Jan 30 21:11:44 CST 2008

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On 1/30/08, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:
>> Actually, its a pretty slick looking phone system. Its called Microsoft
>> Response Point. http://www.microsoft.com/responsepoint/
>
> I think that this is going to be a challenge for Cisco, especially in
> the small business market, if only because there are so many sheep out
> there that blindly buy whatever Microsoft is selling.

There's not as much MS love as there once was.

 From what I've seen on the computer guys getting into telephones side,
most of them don't understand what people expect from a telephone
system. Everyone will put up with the computer being down for a little
while but if the phones aren't ringing all hell breaks loose.

OTOH, the voice guys aren't sure that this TCP/IP thing is going to
catch on, so you have to be in the middle to get what you want done.

dave