[Cialug] Server Monitoring/Management

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Jan 30 08:57:57 CST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 5:54 PM, Chris K. <lister at kulish.com> wrote:

> Hopefully someone on the list can help with some legwork here.  I am
> currently looking for a Low or No cost monitoring solution meeting the
> following criteria:
>
> Centralized, Web based reporting
> Alerting via Email
> Centralized Logging
> Service Monitoring
> Server Monitoring (ping etc)
> MySQL (or other RDB backend)
> Linux or Solaris Based
> Bonus Item: Tripwire like checksumming

It's not quite what you were asking for, but I've used website pulse. It's a
commercial service. The company I used to work for pays about $20/mo for
their modest needs. I helped them choose this option because the servers are
entirely remote. the $20/mo covers monitoring from two different locations
(TX and FL I think) so we would get notified if the entire data center went
down.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode