[Cialug] dell laptops

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Thu Jan 24 09:53:46 CST 2008

This one is pretty nicely equipped:
Vostro 1500 - $599
	Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor
	Genuine Windows XP Home Edition or Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
	2GB memory*
	120GB* hard drive
	CD/DVD burner
	128MB NVIDIA® graphics card*

I don't think they'd give you a lot of problems linux driver-wise. The
one thing I'd see if you could customize would be the wifi card - switch
to the Intel card that has a native linux driver, instead of the
Dell/Broadcom chip that you'd have to use ndiswrapper for.

If you're wanting a slick looking laptop, the Vostro isn't it. They look
like a square black chunk. They also have the Latitude D531 for $649.
IMHO the current Latitude line is pretty sharp looking.

-dc