[Cialug] Screen cast formats?

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:16:19 CST 2008

Who would our audience be?

Theora is nice for our own copies.  Best quality, and promotes a potential
cause.  But I would suggest whatever format we use that we also post to
youtube.  We can link to our own hosting site from the clips so people can
download and have info about the codec.  It also eliminates the need to host
our own flash player for Theora.

Youtube gets us possible random hits, it's easy to link to and from,
everyone trusts it, and it shows that even though we're geeks we're willing
to work within popular mechanisms for promotion/distribution.

-B