[Cialug] Looking for a PERL course.

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Jan 16 18:41:11 CST 2008

If you are already using Perl, any class will likely be so much review
that it wouldn't be worth your time, so I recommend against taking a
course.   It would be better to go through O'Reilly's _Learning Perl_
page by page, and once you're done with that, go through _Programming
Perl_ page by page.

>From a learning perspective, if you need help beyond this, it would be
better to spend the money on a Perl tutor.  So, if you *really* want to
spend your company's money, see if you can find a local Perl tutor. . .
Like me.  *grin*

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "Brandon Griffis" <brandongriffis at gmail.com> 01/16/08 2:52 PM >>>
I was wondering if anyone on the list could suggest a good local
resource
for learning PERL programming.

I know there are tons of online resources and books, and I can muddle
my way
through it decently ATM, but as my work is going to foot the bill I
can't
see any reason not to take them up on it.

A quick google search brought up some 3 day courses for about $1500,
and it
looks like DMACC is offering a course this year as well.

Drake and Iowa State (as expected) offer more generic computer
programming
courses which don't quite fit.

Any other local recommendations?

Thanks,