[Cialug] bios fubar?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Mon Jan 14 10:48:37 CST 2008

How did you drain the battery so low that it wrecked it?

I ask because i have a white MacBook and would prefer to avoid the same
problem. About once every 3 or 4 months i drain the battery to the
point that the machine spontaneously shuts off. So far that hasn't
caused any problems; actually i do it intentionally since after a few
months of use the battery gauge isn't very accurate but it corrects
itself after a full discharge/charge cycle.

I do note, however, that when i fully discharge the battery the MacBook
won't power up immediately after plugging it into the wall. It has to
be plugged in for about 2 minutes before the power button works again.
If i'm actively using the machine it takes quite a few hours for the
dead battery to reach 100% charge again.