[Cialug] PHP/Java Jobs coming

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Feb 8 07:48:25 CST 2008

For those interested we are starting the brutally long process (Hey, it's State Gov'ment) of seeking senior programming talent.  Here's our organization website (no we didn't design this):

http://das.ite.iowa.gov

The jobs will include programming a lot of PHP and a bit of Java from time-to-time.  If I had to guess you're probably looking at about an 85-15 split between PHP and Java.  Despite it being public sector work, there is actually quite a bit of cool stuff we do here.  We manage the Iowa Sex Offender Registry, Iowa School Alerts, DIA's Restaurant Inspection (think dirty dining) to name a few.

The jobs will be posted internally sometime next week which means roughly in two weeks the jobs would actually hit the street.  I wanted to give those of you who might be interested or know someone who might be interested time to dust off the resume.  In the meantime I'd be willing to answer any questions about the environment here.  The only downside of working here is you'd have to deal with me ;-)

I'll post a follow-up here in two weeks with the jobs are posted.

--Tony