[Cialug] How many people are using Python ?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Tue Dec 30 11:23:21 CST 2008

On Tuesday December 30 2008 10:59, Chris Freeman wrote:
>Besides, Perl does everything I need to get done, and does it well, so
>I've never successfully picked up any other similar languages.
>But if you've got enough tools in your tool chest, it's harder to learn
>new ones.

I'm in a similar situation. I've learned Perl so well that there is
little incentive for me to learn PHP, Python, or Ruby. My Perl style
changes over time though; lately more functional elements have been
creeping into my code, so maybe it is finally time for me to go back
and really learn Scheme. (Of the languages i was exposed to in college,
Scheme was by far my favorite. Representing the other extreme were
COBOL and Fortran. I look forward to never using either of those 2
again.) I'd really miss CPAN if i switch to another language though.