[Cialug] MythTV HD tuner?

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 08:48:20 CST 2008

NOOOOOOOOO...... This is the card I was talking about earlier!  If you get
this card be prepared for a headache!!!  I originally bought it when it was
introduced to the market by woot.com (they set up some deal to release it
first).

1.) ATSC/QAM/NTSC = ATSC is a pain enough to set up in Windows (Vista
x64...x86 may be easier?) but QAM is just now getting support w/ beta
drivers. I have yet to get a quality HD show to work with this board.  Tried
w/ Mythbuntu and I'm still fighting issues w/ my video driver & this card,
so not much luck there.  NTSC has never worked for me in linux, but did in
Windows....

2.) FM...haven't even tried

3.) IR Remote...ok, so that kinda works as advertised.

4.) Linux...best be using the LATEST kernel or it's a hack-job to get this
board to work.

5.) Software encoded...use a POWERFUL system.  I tried it on a single core
3GHz and had troubles...but they could all be software problems....still,
when encoding HD it seems to suck up a ton of CPU usage.

IF anyone DOES get this and get's it to work I'd LOVE to know what you
did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought it and now I'm stuck
trying to get it to work....