[Cialug] CentOS Yum error

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Mon Aug 18 13:09:03 CDT 2008

On Monday August 18 2008 12:48, David Champion wrote:
>I have run across issues where someone fat-fingered a package name in
>the dependency list, which is really annoying. Usually something like
>they included the version # in the package name field, like
>"package_xyz1" when it should just be "package_xyz". You'd think there
>was an automated way to verify the package names or something...

Somewhat similar problems occur in Debian Testing. I have a number of
packages on my home machine in the "Obsolete Packages" category that
have been replaced in the apt repositories, but other packages i have
installed still depend on specific versions and haven't been updated
yet. On my Debian Stable machines (which i use on servers and on my
computer at work) those little problems don't seem to occur.