[Cialug] CentOS Yum error

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Tue Aug 12 14:26:21 CDT 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Josh More wrote:

> This is why you should always work within the paradigm of the system
> you're on.  If you hack around it, you find out pretty quickly that
> there are reasons why things are set up the way they are.

I'm pretty sure the reason is that CentOS/Red Hat devs are sadists,
and thought modern dentistry was too gentle to make their natural
tendencies pay.

I know package managers make it easy to install things, particularly
if you don't have a full toolchain on all your systems. And they're a
great way to un-install things. But I'm sticking with my makefiles.

	Zach