[Cialug] SDHC support

Tim Champion timchampion at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 09:41:16 CDT 2008

I picked up a high speed (22mb/s) 8GB SDHC card from amazon for $60
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XZCIX4
Its $68 now. :(  Comes with a USB card reader, and a nice zipper pouch.

I'm still trying to figure out how to boot Ubuntu from it on my internal
card reader on my Dell D420.  The BIOS doesn't see it, so from what I've
gathered so far, I have to load up a linux kernel from the hard drive first,
and then transfer to the SD card.  I can get it to boot using the included
USB card reader, but I think booting from the card slot is beyond my skilz.
:)

Tim Champion
timchampion at gmail.com