[Cialug] Ubuntu

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Apr 25 09:59:28 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Daniel A. Ramaley
<daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:
>  One question though--what's up with the PowerPC
>  version? It's been discontinued the last couple releases, but i found a
>  torrent for a PowerPC 8.04 CD yesterday. I grabbed it and will try it
>  out soon. But i was surprised to see PowerPC was back.

Well, officially its unsupported, but if there are enough people
interested in it to put together a release then there will be a
release.

It just so happens that there are a number of people among the release
team with access to ppc and ia64 hardware to help get those ports done
for release day. I saw sparc stuff getting tossed around too. I even
heard someone talking about hppa!

Because this is an LTS release I think there was more interest in
getting something working.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode