[Cialug] Ubuntu

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Fri Apr 25 09:06:14 CDT 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008 17:14, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
>Most computers have no BT software installed so if we pimp the BT
>links we're going to have a lot of headaches. If you're in the know
>the torrents are there to be found. They're there on the same page as
>the DVD downloads (which aren't mirrored enough places for me to
>advertise yet so commented out in the source code) and the complete
>list of mirrors.

I usually grab the DVD version rather than CD. Thanks to the magic of
bittorrent, i've already gotten the x86_86 version, and the i386 will
probably be done tonight. (And i'll leave both running for a few days
to help others out.) One question though--what's up with the PowerPC
version? It's been discontinued the last couple releases, but i found a
torrent for a PowerPC 8.04 CD yesterday. I grabbed it and will try it
out soon. But i was surprised to see PowerPC was back.

I normally use Debian, but i must say i prefer Ubuntu for laptops and
other "difficult" hardware.