[Cialug] Power Down

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Thu Apr 24 21:22:07 CDT 2008

I have a UPS that has features like what's described.  Since I need an
antenna to pull HD signals in, I have a powered indoor antenna.  I plugged
it into an outlet that is controlled by a master.  I also plugged in the DVD
player to a master controlled outlet.  I then plug the TV into the master
outlet.  This way, the antenna isn't on all the time, unless the TV is on.
And who just listens to DVDs?  But, there are other outlets that are not
master controlled.  So I plug my Tivo, VCR with a clock, DVD recorder with a
clock, and my stereo into outlets not controlled by the master.  It works
well, especially when my step-son turns off the TV but forgets to turn off
the DVD player.

Tim