[Cialug] Buying a new PC

sthiessen at passitonservices.org sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Sun Sep 30 16:00:13 CDT 2007

Fair reasons. :)

Stuart

-----Original Message-----
From: jason at benalto.com

Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:48:38
To:"Central Iowa Linux Users Group" <cialug at cialug.org>
Subject: Re: [Cialug] Buying a new PC

There are a few reasons for not wanting an Intel Mac and going back to PC
architecture, the biggest being if something goes terribly wrong with my
machine I want the ability to rip out the offender and fix it myself. I am
never going back to a 'genius bar' and have some punk kid tell me I've got
to blow a few hundred on a new 'logic board'. Less flamewar-riffic; I use
some very specific hardware for recording music and the OSX drivers for
the I/O device have been really really buggy...

-Jason