[Cialug] What should I be asking?

Matt Millard gocyclones at eml.cc
Thu Sep 27 01:23:14 CDT 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:24:39 -0500, "Theron Conrey"
<theron.conrey at dice.com> said:
> Matt,
>
> I'll assume that you're talking about using the Vmware ESX environment
> and not the free server setup and answer from there.

Yep, Vmware ESX 3.01 and installing RHEL4 ES as the quest OS.

> Some things to consider:         What type of storage are you using?
> Is it NFS, iSCSI or fiber?        Given the fact they're all Windows
> VM's I'll assume that you're        either an iSCSI or fiber shop.

Storage is all local RAID10, not shared.  These are meant to replace
standalone servers or small to moderate size.

> Just a couple of one off things to think about prior to going down
> the road.

Thanks for the advice.  Looks like we'll be going ahead with testing and
I'm sure I'll uncover other issues but still nice to hear about others
experiences.

Matt
---
  Matt Millard