[Cialug] OT: Rock-Solid Workstation

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Mon Sep 24 11:05:45 CDT 2007

I guess this depends on what you're talking about for your
"workstation". I prefer the setup where the code resides on a server,
and you're just connecting to a network share from the workstation. In
this environment the OS you're running on the workstation doesn't really
matter. At work I'm running a WinXP workstation and connecting to a
samba share on a linux server, where the PHP code is (with some SVN
stuff going on etc...).

For small project work at home and whatnot, I just run linux on my
laptop, have the LAMP stack and edit the files directly.

-dc