[Cialug] Opensource Network Monitors

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Sep 20 16:27:06 CDT 2007

	I've been looking at Zabbix.  The others just seem too limiting to
smaller environments (being SNMP/Polling based).  Zabbix appears to be
almost to the level of competeing with the likes of OpenView and Tivoli, but
still maintaining the ease of use if all you want is SNMP polling.
Hopefully, I'll get the chance to review it in more detail in the coming
months.

	I don't understand why there isn't an open source alternative to
something like "what's up" for windows from ipswitch.

	-Nate