[Cialug] What is a good distro for an older laptop

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Wed Sep 19 16:57:13 CDT 2007

I don't know how mobile she needs to be (wireless?), of if the lappy
supports PXE-boot, but I have laptops that I occasionally boot into LTSP.
And that is a great combination. Graphics managed by the laptop and the
computing done mostly on the back-end.

BTW: The Edubuntu project is a little more hairy to set up than LTSP used to
be, but it has some really slick features once you have it running.
Including encrypted sessions between the client and the server.

-Nate