[Cialug] Slightly OT: Server Room Temperature

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Sep 14 22:32:39 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 13:35 -0500, Justin Richeson wrote:

>   Also, please...PLEASE tell me you don't have a water based fire
> suppression system in use!

In some instances, fire codes may require water based fire suppression
systems, even in a data center.  I don't think that's a problem around
here, but in any case when the fire department shows up with their hoses
they aren't going to worry about damaging your servers when they start
hosing down your building.

Jeff