[Cialug] Winter Gaming event?

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Tue Sep 11 10:32:46 CDT 2007

There are some good fully open source games available. Just off the top
of my head:

Saurbraten (aka Cube2) FPS, similar to Q3
Tremulous
AssaultCube
OpenArena (Q3A codebase w/ oss licensed media)
Warsow
PadMan
Alien Arena

There are a number of new RTS games out that I haven't tried too much -
Glest, BOS Wars, Globulation...

Then there's the classic OSS games, like xpilot, bzflag, FreeCiv etc...

There's a lot of options for non-free, or "free as in beer" games. Like
all of the Id (doom, quake) games, UT, UT2003, UT2004...

Check out http://www.linuxgames.com for news on linux & oss games.

-dc