[Cialug] CentOS 5 lockups

Jim Cole jrcole at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 13:59:46 CDT 2007

I don't know how to debug this...can someone help?

 I have a fresh install of CentOS5. It'll freeze about 5-10 minutes after
bootup. It'll stop responding to pings, console, etc. A hard boot gets it
back again. I've run YUM on it and applied all patches..same results.

This a 2.6 Ghz P4 with hypertheading and  1 GB of memory. It's been a solid
machine running Server 2003 so I don't think it's hardware related(bad
memory, etc). I disabled hyperthreading..same results.

Thanks!
-Jim